Pages

Friday, April 3, 2015

Solitude


I have always been a girl that needs time alone. Being by myself is where I recharge, it is my home base and it is often when I can think clearly and creatively. I am coming off of a few very busy weeks and my mind and body are craving some alone time. Time by myself can actually be some of my most productive time; I tinker, I organize all the while thinking, scheming and plotting. It is the time where some of my most creative work is created - blog ideas, marketing work or new ways to get into the community. 

The term introvert has become mainstream after the release of Susan Cain's novel Quiet. Being an introvert seems to be more popular now than when I was growing up. I often wonder what sparked this, is it the fact that someone finally put a new face to introversion? In the past an introvert was shy, collected and meek and now we realize that is not that case. Is it because the world keeps getting louder and faster and we now physically crave silence and/or being alone? Or, is it that Eastern alternative medicine is making its way to the Western world and we are now seeing the benefits of silent activities such as meditation? 

Whatever the reason, I find my alone time crucial to my sanity and success. As life gets busy I have to make time to be alone, whether it is a few hours or a few days. I am curious how do you recharge? Is it time alone? If so, how do you accomplish it in your busy world?

In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with  Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352

No comments:

Post a Comment