Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

The trials and tribulations of an Open House...


I have a love/hate relationship with open houses. I love them because it allows me to interact with potential buyers and neighbors. Open houses present me with the opportunity to sell the home to everyone, I can speak to the home's features, tell a story so buyers can envision themselves in the home and talk about the school system.

The downside is the amount of work that goes into it. Until you lug 15+ signs around a neighborhood in 85 degree weather, fight with balloons, leave your hazards on to drop off a sign at a stop sign pissing off the cars behind you, you will not realize the amount of preparation. It is physical work. By the time you actually get to the home, you are dripping with sweat. Balloons typically pop or fly away. Signs get stolen or turned around to point in an opposite direction or neighbors get mad about the signs. By the time I am opening the doors to the home, I am sweating, starving because of all the work with aching feet. And, of course, since I am overheated, dehydrated with low blood sugar, I time the time to devour all the candy I have brought for guests, because, why not? 

If you follow me on Facebook, I recently posted about an experience while picking up signs after an open house. While hilarious, it is, unfortunately, very typical.

You have to laugh through it all because there is nothing else you can do. As they say, everything good takes work and coming home from an open house while my stomach is growling, I am an reminded it is work. 

In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with  Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352.


No comments:

Post a Comment