Pages

Monday, June 15, 2015

The Post Grocery Taste Test.

When I was in corporate American, I used to set aside Saturday morning to go grocery shopping. It was an event that I planned for; planning my meals and making a grocery list for my grocery store trip. Upon returning home, I would then prepare food for the week. All the while taste testing every single food that I have purchased. 



I will be honest, my grocery store trips are far more chaotic now. They typically occur when I have absolutely no food left in the refrigerator. I am usually entering the grocery store STARVING (which is, of course, the worst idea possible) and typically it has been pouring. My trip to the grocery store now is more out of desperation now vs. a calculated trip. I usually grab whatever tickles my fancy at the time and am usually left scratching my head as to how I will make meals of all these piecemeal ingredients. 

Then comes the taste testing which is now more of an act of devouring all the good food I just bought (because I am still starving). First to go are any of the carbs I have bought. I have always been a carb junkie, I can't help it. I notice any of the carbohydrates purchased are usually consumed within the first few days then I move onto the fruit and protein then at the end of the week I eat the vegetables since that is all that is left. 

What is your grocery experience? I know this should not be mine but it is for the time being. 


In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with  Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352.

No comments:

Post a Comment