Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

T.V. Time


Let's talk about televisions. As in, I FINALLY bought a t.v. after four months without one. I have never been a huge t.v. watcher and now with HULU and Netflix, I much prefer to binge watch a whole series in a weekend. My old roommate laughed at me often because after nine months of living with her I still couldn't figure out how to turn the t.v. on. 

But I digress, because now I have a television and I have cable (something I did not have for years in New Hampshire). Now that I have this shiny t.v. affixed to my wall which I can navigate with just ONE remote, I find myself nervous. As if I have forgotten how to handle myself with a t.v. Working from home a lot, I am nervous that I will find myself with the television on to serve as white noise or even distracted by all the shows that I have missed out on in the last decade. In addition, I am a little sad to leave the 'no television' crowd and enter into the 21st century. Not having a t.v. was almost like a badge of honor amidst people that seems to cherish their t.v. time. 

The one thing that I am very excited about is the ability to 'turn off' and just watch t.v. When your work space is also your living space, it is very hard to NOT work. Prior to the arrival of my t.v. if I was home, I was working. Now I actually have something other than work at my home.

So tell me, how do you limit your television time? Or are you living without a television? 

In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with  Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352

No comments:

Post a Comment