Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Trust


Trust was a common theme in my life this week. Trust is the building block of my business, I spend time getting to know my clients and have consultative conversations about what they are looking for to build a strong level of trust. This allows me to work for them by selling their home at top dollar and/or finding them the home of their dreams. 

Along with trusting others is the opportunity to trust yourself. This is one concept that is more difficult for some (myself included). Although, I have heard the saying "trust your gut" plenty of times, I seemingly have heard it more in Denver. You know that feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach when you meet someone, are presented with an idea, have a dream, etc.? Go ahead and listen to it. We have a tendency to add logic to that feeling which will immediately discount the gut feeling experienced. 

This week I moved all my accounts to a dear friend I met in Denver. I spent years in finance and am very logic and numbers based and as I was driving away from our appt., I thought to myself I really didn't run as many numbers regarding the decision as I would have before. It just felt that it was right. I thought back to this as someone told me that they did not jive with someone they recently met and she had no explanation for it. My thought is, first and foremost, you have to jive with the person that is working with you. If you do not, do not question it, rather, go find someone you jive with.

This week I also found myself on the opposite side of a real estate transaction as I am trying to rent my condo in New Hampshire. The new real estate agent wanted to change the rent I charged slightly and seemed to be very confident that my condo would be rented quickly. I was skeptical. I was nervous and probably micro managing the process a bit too much. Want to know what happened? We had a person put a deposit on my condo sight unseen before we allowed showings and we had about 10 showings the first day. Moral of story? I probably should have trusted the professional I hired. 

Sometimes it is hard to just trust yourself or give up your trust to someone else. Life is more emotional than we give it credit for. Buy or selling a home can be emotional but you have to trust the process and the people in place to help you. Sometimes you have to walk away from the perfect house and trust that there is something better. Or, maybe you have to trust that selling your home is the last step to your next chapter. 

In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with  Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352



No comments:

Post a Comment