Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Unpacking

In addition to taking time off during the holiday season, I moved. This would mark my fourth move in 2014. This home will be a more permanent place for me and dear I say - will be HOME! I moved on New Years Eve with the intent to start 2015 in a happy home.When I moved to Denver I unpacked what I needed to which mainly consisted of clothes, shoes and bedding and left the rest in storage units. Yes, plural I had more than one storage unit so literally, my things were all through Denver. 

This move and unpacking everything was a very personal experience. No one likes to move, myself included, but unpacking my things after almost a year was the most exciting experience. Every little thing that I unpacked I felt like I had to personally touch, not because I am materialistic but because I was finally bringing all of my things to my home. Even though this home is completely different ascetic than my condo in Denver, it is so nice to have a few select things from my home in New Hampshire.



2014 ended up being all about change - relocating to Denver, changing careers, meeting new coworkers and friends, deviating from my "normal" 9-5 life to a life where I work every day of the week, starting a business, moving out of my home and moving into 3 temporary homes. 2015 will be about rebuilding a new life and a new home - both will look completely different than the last. Relocating can be a toll because even though the physical act has taken place, such as driving out to the new location, the emotional and mental aspects of relocating often don't kick in until months later.  It seems once the adrenaline wears off, the realization that you are miles from "home" sets in.

When you move to a new place, what helps you make it home? Is it unpacking your possessions? Or having all your family members in one place?

In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352.

No comments:

Post a Comment