Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Mixing Patterns: Stripes and Floral

I am having the hardest time decorating my new home. All the things that I brought from my NH home seem to just not fit. My home in NH had a underlying feminine, rustic feel (I used to refer to it as rustic romance) with a lot of warm, gold undertones. This new home is almost the complete opposite. It is very urban contemporary with silver fixtures. The location alone (right in the city) almost mandates that it is more modern than my other home. 

My bedroom in New Hampshire:

I often find myself at furniture stores gravitating to what worked at my old place. Old habits die hard (even with decor). It is almost like I have to completely forget what I know and if I can not, go for the opposite of what i know. For my new bedroom, I want a completely different feel. My last one was soft, feminine and romantic. This new room I want to be fun, funky and have a bit more edge. Not only will it be my bedroom but it will be a home office so I want to keep it uplifting.

My Denver Home:
Yesterday I posted on Instagram the first little touch that I have made to my bedroom. It included floral and stripes. I love to mix patterns. Floral, alone, can be very feminine but pairing it with stripes can help make it feel a little more exciting. Pairing floral and stripes can be a great way to achieve balance in the room.I started looking for other great examples of floral and stripes in the home:






Not sure how to attempt matching floral and stripes in your home? The key to mixing patterns and keeping a sense of unison between the prints. I find the easier way to accomplish this is to find a common color. In my bedroom both the floral print and the lamp have black in them. This commonality helps bring the two prints together.  


In addition to writing for Daigle's Digs, Elizabeth works full-time as a Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams Realty Downtown, LLC. Elizabeth's expertise is in buying and selling a home, first time home buyers, short sales, and investment properties. Contact Elizabeth for any real estate needs. Cell 303-819.73.71. Work 720-314-8352


No comments:

Post a Comment